More Good News for Optimists

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Baby Shower

***recovered*** ***Thanks, Blogger***

Shower games - yes or no? I vote yes. And running the games at my friend's shower really put me back in teacher mode, which was fun. Everybody got party beads when they came in, which you had to give up if you said the "b" word - "baby", not "beads". I lost mine - REAL early. I later explained, I lost mine quickly so others would get into the spirit and not be intimidated by my game-playing prowess. Oh, and I suck at that game.

The next game was matching Indian names to their meanings. Anal? Fire. Mansuhk? Pleasing. Heheh.

The third game was name that baby food. Macaroni and cheese had everyone stumped, and several people nauseous. Tasting was encouraged, and NO, the food was not smeared in diapers. That's disgusting. And there will be plenty of diapers in my friends' near future anyway.

A betting pool was set up for the delivery time - evening of November 1, or I'm out a buck - and then we played another classic, "Guess the Girth". With a twist. Everyone measured their lengths of ribbon, and then we checked them against - the expectant father's waist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home