More Good News for Optimists

Monday, August 22, 2005

Greetings from Corporate America

Are law firms considered "corporate"? I guess not - this is probably the sort of thing I should look up. 'Cuz that's what I do now - at least I THINK it might be what I do. Week One is under my belt, and it was painless. I'm a little worried that litigation work may prove to be all tedium and no reward - I can't say I wasn't warned. I also can't say that it makes much difference - I took this job for a very specific purpose, and if it helps me meet that purpose (namely financial security - see all previous entries) then I'm OK with it. I'd say "resigned" to it, but I think the point is that I will NOT resign.

I had a great discussion with my friend S. about a really compelling novel I'd loaned her (which I myself had borrowed from the co-founder of my Orange County book club) called My Sister's Keeper. I think it may finally be time to launch the Bay Area book club, now that I'm reminded of how much more exhilirating it is to share books with friends than to just read them by myself.

2 Comments:

  • Your enjoyment of "Reading Lolita in Tehran" (I almost fell asleep just TYPING the title) and other choice of books DOES make you a bit suspect. Which means you may not be on the selection committee, but you DO finish books so I'd still be happy to invite you to imaginary book club.

    By Blogger Kathy Me, at 9:25 AM  

  • I can't believe someone else besides my father is reading "Two Years Before the Mast." I have a couple of Kenneth Roberts books I'd like to sell ya ... actually, for historical fiction they're quite good.

    By Blogger Admin, at 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home