More Good News for Optimists

Friday, August 12, 2005

Calistoga, Sarifornia

A wonderful time was had by all! The original crew of 4 FOKers was increased by 2, as S. came up to enjoy Spa Day while K. came up to tour two wineries. The famed mud baths are indeed muddy, but not as invasive as some had led me to believe. But next time, I'll wear the shower cap.

A brief moment to rhapsodize on how wonderful my friends are - I felt so fortunate to be surrounded by such an enthusiastic, interesting, loving, caring, funny, and easy-going group of women. As much as I love being around them, I also took tremendous satisfaction in how much they seemed to enjoy each other. Blending friends can be tricky business, but everyone seemed to get along as though they'd known each other for ages. Maybe that's because I talk about my friends so much. (Does that make anyone nervous? Heheheh... :-) Or maybe it's just because the people I like are just so damn likable.

I may have been the least relaxed out of the whole crew by the end, though. I took on a lot of self-inflicted anxiety to see that appointments were booked, sights were seen, everyone felt included, everyone was fed, and everyone was transported appropriately. Many of these things - HAPPEN, whether or not they are worried about. And it seems odd that I am usually pretty low-key, but still feel very tense whenever SCHEDULES are involved. This may - or may NOT be - what will make me well-suited to a legal career.

In any case, the last day of my break between jobs was mostly spent in bed. I've never spent so much time just- laying in bed. Pretty blissfully, I might add. I managed to rouse myself in the morning to make an appointment I had scheduled, then went back to bed when I came home. Got up around lunch time to have lunch, watch the episode of Over There I'd taped, and call home to check in with the 'rents. Then on my way to the shower, I ended up - back in bed. Until late afternoon, when I was inspired to get to the library to see if the 3rd disc for Freaks and Geeks had come in, and to use my computer. Not having a connection in my apartment is both liberating and annoying. The library closed, but I hadn't blogged yet, so I headed over to Cafe Lo Cubano to finish writing and watch the fog roll back over the neighborhood.

I myself will be rolling back down the hill now so I can - get back in bed. Kidding! I'm going to eat first. THEN go to bed.

1 Comments:

  • We loved being around you too, of course! You're the grout of our tile, the ligaments of our joints, the elastic of our underwear ... OK, maybe that's a little too Camilla Parker Bowles. But we owe you thanks for pulling it all together!

    By Blogger Admin, at 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home