More Good News for Optimists

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Linkin'

My friend Anna regularly waxes rhapsodic about daily life in San Francisco, and it certainly is an inspiring city to write about. I felt drained and exhausted all day at work, but when I got home and sprawled out on my bed, I realized I didn't want to let the clear skies and moderate temperature go to waste this evening. I had to go to the library anyway, so I decided I might as well turn my errand into a form of exercise. You can check out my meandering route here, courtesy of my friend P.'s fabulous Google Maps Pedometer. Cinnabuster, who has been one of my bestest friends for 20 years now, and that is awesome, wrote about it recently.

The run/walk/but mostly run offered incredible views of one of the most beautiful neighborhoods in the city, Presidio Heights. Then, from the top of Laurel Avenue in Laurel Heights, there were views of the Golden Gate Bridge - both towers - and the spectacular downtown skyline. I wanted to stand on the corner and spin around with my arms thrown out to the sides, to express my joy and gratitude that I am able to experience this city.

2 Comments:

  • Aargh, you've been found by the comment spammers. I hope they don't find me. Spam gets everywhere! Like that weird volcanic dust in Flagstaff. Anyway, your city is amazing, and if you keep running in it, you will have fantastic calves!

    By Blogger Admin, at 8:40 PM  

  • Argh indeed. The offending spam has been deleted.

    For those who are curious, no, I do not want to visit your site to find great places to download music. Nor do I want my penis enlarged, and I don't care if hot teen girls want me - I don't need to know what they're doing right now, either.

    I AM happy to receive comments from actual people who stumble across my blog, because I wouldn't be publishing any of this if I didn't want to be read.

    By Blogger Kathy Me, at 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home