More Good News for Optimists

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

How I Spent My Labor Day Vacation

On Saturday, I spent the day reorganizing my home. Tip: Watch TLC's "Clean Sweep" while you're organizing your stuff, and you'll be inspired to get rid of it. I also felt tremendous guilt that I am trying to rid myself of things when others in my country have suddenly been left without theirs. Here is my new solution: come visit me so you can help me use more of my stuff. While sharing my living quarters is not practicable, sharing my home certainly is.

Sunday, I met friends for brunch at Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe in Emeryville. True to it's name, the veggie hash was delish. The biscuits are fab, too - but skip the gravy. (It doesn't FAIL, because it isn't gross, but it was also way too thin for biscuit dippin'.) Afterwards, K. and I went for a beautiful hike in the Berkeley Hills. Switchbacks and everything. Having earned a good sit-down, we went to see The Brothers Grimm. It was entertaining, and fun on a big screen - but you dont have to see it.

What you DO have to see is The 40 Year Old Virgin, which I went to see with friends in the city when I got home that evening. Two movies in one day - who SAYS I'm not wild?!? Seriously, though, it was a surprisingly sweet and funny film. A romantic comedy, but I liked it. That's saying a lot.

On Monday, I slept in. Waaayyy in. It was awesome. I continued to fix up my place, and planned to go to work for a few hours until my friend L. called to offer me an out. It was a bee-yoo-ti-ful day here in San Francisco, so we met at The Grove on Fillmore, wandered through shops, vowed to launch a book club (no, really - it's going to happen), and went to Trader Joe's. I've said it before, but I wish I could marry Trader Joe's. Always costs less than I expect, and they offer things I didn't know I loved and needed until I got there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home