More Good News for Optimists

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Shark Jumping

Hard to tell who's jumping, exactly - Queer Eye or Kevin Bacon?

And in other link news - I will never be this desperate. Dying alone surrounded by cats waiting for me to die so they can eat my face doesn't seem as depressing as this.

Here's one that DODGED a vicious shark today - I know we've just met and all, but I LOVE the new Lostaways. Tonight's episode? Best episode ever. Well-timed, well-acted, sparse yet lush, filled in gaps while still leaving questions - WHERE have these people BEEN? Because I'm pretty sick of the folks on the other side of the island, with their lame little entanglements. Charlie and Claire? Uh, who died and made you Daddy? Mom doesn't seem all that thrilled about it... Kate and Sawyer, or Jack? Sawyer's TOO cartoonish, Jack's TOO full of himself, and Kate is - just trying TOO hard, I guess. And the Sayid and Shannon thing? AWFUL. No, really. AWFUL. He had just boarded a plane to reunite with the woman he'd tortured and loved and who had tortured his soul in return - and then ends up banging some 20-yr old blonde bee-yotch only 45 days later? I actually DID feel some sympathy for Shannon last week, until I read the timeline. She was wounded and abandoned just 2 years ago, and turned on the only family member who actually seemed to care about her 45 days ago?

2 Comments:

  • I think the bit where Shannon was all crying and ugly in the rain was supposed to make us feel sorry for her. But I don't buy the Sayid romance either. Blonde, unveiled, untortured American? Not his taste.

    By Blogger Admin, at 10:46 PM  

  • Steve is the big Lost fan in the house but the other night I was hanging out in the den and watched it with him. It gave me weird dreams and made me replay it over and over in my head. That's a great TV show that does that, but I still don't like the creepy DON'T DO THAT feeling it presents, sometimes.

    However, tuning in is now definitely an option.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home