More Good News for Optimists

Monday, October 24, 2005

Phobic

Someone asked me if I might be interested in going to a Halloween party where the costume theme is "Dress As Your Phobia". I asked how do you dress up as dying alone? I'm certain it would involve cats, and probably a ratty old bathrobe. Then I wondered, is there any way to make that sexy? Which reminded me of an old SNL skit where the women had agreed not to wear sexy costumes and to try to be funny or creative instead, and someone shows up as Austin Powers with horrible teeth, and another person comes as a big M&M - and Molly Shannon comes as "Kitty Cat Prostitute". If I go, I think I'll have to find a much more attractive phobia. Like "Clown Prostitute".

1 Comments:

  • I always thought "Fear Factor" was lame because the risks are so fake. So what, you're danging off a bridge. There's no way you're going to fall. You're wearing more gear than a Yosemite rock climber! Those people aren't going to let you die. A real fear would be threatening harm to your family, or something. But I guess that would be illegal.

    By Blogger Admin, at 8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home