More Good News for Optimists

Friday, October 21, 2005

Decisions, decisions

A friend of mine who is in an early-retirement phase just e-mailed me at work, and said she's trying to choose between meeting a friend for lunch or going to yoga class. See, MY choices today are "Swallow my rage, or swallow my sadness? Hmm..." Yoga wouldn't really be a preferable option for me.

Maybe I'm just tired. That's all I'm displaying on the outside today, anyway. I appear pretty placid, but I assure you - some horrible emotion is bottled up or I would be unable to sit here at all. The job isn't even that awful this week - long hours, sure, but the tasks haven't been especially painful. I got to go home LAST night, which is good - because it gave me the chance to put the dishes and laundry away that have been sitting around drying since Saturday.

In other news, things continue to look good for optimists.

1 Comments:

  • Jobs always suck when you first start them. I think I've hated every job I've ever had in adulthood for at least the first year. It doesn't help that I beer-goggle whatever the previous job was. "Oh, old job. I loved you! The experience! The people! Why aren't we still together?" The money, stupid.

    By Blogger Admin, at 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home