More Good News for Optimists

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Everybody's Working for the Weekend

At least on Sunday.

Friday night, I drove down to Chez P.K. in Palo Alto and slept over, so I wouldn't have to get up early on Saturday to drive there. Got off to a frantic start, which included locking myself out of my aparment - no keys OR cell phone - and was fortunate enough to learn we have some sort of assistant building manager. Or at least a guy who knows the manager and where he keeps his keys.

Saturday was spent with 2 of my college buddies. I decided it was time to get my ears re-pierced (I haven't worn earrings regularly since I lost a diamond several years ago and felt sick about it), and asked the woman at the Macy's jewelry counter where I could get this done. In all seriousness, she said, "Well, you can't get it done here because this is a shopping centre, and you will need to go to a mall." My friends helpfully vanished so they could crack up while I had to listen to a list of mall locations with a straight face.

After a sleepover, which involved the "America's Next Top Model: Season 2" marathon on VH1 and mud masks - we went to Hobee's for brunch on Sunday. This involved a TRUE college flashback when my friend J. and I seriously haggled over the division of the extra piece of blueberry coffee cake at the table.

That afternoon, I went to work. For NINE HOURS. Ugh. I'd like to say I felt like I was being helpful and productive, but the work seemed rather disorganized and repetitive and I don't know if the end product was really worth the effort and time involved. I don't resent putting in time - HONEST - when I feel my efforts are purposeful and needed. At least I wasn't in it alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home