More Good News for Optimists

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Locals Only

Here is the most amusing proof ever that I am now - a local. Someone at work was reheating lefttover pizza, and I said, "Is that... the Noe Valley Special from the Noe Valley Pizza Restaurant?" Indeed, it was. Goat cheese, spinach, pine nuts, caramelized onions... slice of heaven. She didn't share, though, damnit. It was only one slice, so I can see her point.

Wait, there's more!

On the bus going home, I saw someone I knew! It was a friend of a friend who I hadn't seen in quite a while, and we sat together for the ride. I told her about the pizza incident, and she told me about a place she likes in Berkeley. Then we both agreed that while we like Berkeley, we just don't get out there much.

1 Comments:

  • I just figured out how to make sweet and sour onions, and now I want to make and eat them all the time. You cut up an onion, sautee it in a little olive oil, simmer it in a little balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper, and then sprinkle on some brown sugar and let it form a nice goop. It's from Better Homes and Gardens!

    By Blogger Admin, at 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home