More Good News for Optimists

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Shoulds and Shouldn'ts

I saw Murderball last night with a friend. It's a documentary about wheelchair rugby. You should see it, unless you don't like stories about human dignity, father/son relationships, and/or sports. You should also see movies on weeknights once in a while. AND - the New Zealand team does the haka, which is awesome. (By the way, I keep my Blogger profile updated with my latest media adventures - which can sometimes serve as an interesting frame of reference for my current state of mind.)

One probably shouldn't google their ex, unless they want to see irritating images. Apparently, my ex just looovvveess weddings, because pics of his THIRD (in less than 10 years, and a mere 3 years after ours) show that it was another grand affair. And now I know he didn't leave me because he thought I was fat. Y'know, maybe this IS a should. (But I've decided I shouldn't link to it because - well, bleh.)

I know I pepper this blog with a ton of links, but if you only click on one it should be this one. "1600 pages of pure ugly" from a 1971 Sears catalog. The "Lemon Frog" pictures and captions had me laughing so hard I was choking back tears.

1 Comments:

  • Thank you, God, that we no longer have to wear these clothes or be thought uncool. Or how about those girdles?! They must have taken 15 years off a woman's life. And the baby equipment is truly scary (none of that newfangled "safety engineering"). Funny, though, how those chunky-heeled pumps are back in. I own a couple myself.

    My stupid ex's can't be found on the Internet. I think they're hiding from me.

    By Blogger Admin, at 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home