More Good News for Optimists

Monday, February 18, 2008

All Hail the Chiefs

I called several friends I don't get to touch base with often enough to wish them Happy President's Day, and was able to catch up with JN, who took a break from making stovepipe hats and plaster of paris molds of Mt. Rushmore with her boys M&M to chat with me. I believe they were going to counterfeit some pictures of presidents on green tissue paper afterwards.

Dr. P.'s doctor sisters and their spouses flew in from Boston, and with the little P.K. as my plus one we made a splendid octet at dining establishments from San Francisco to Saratoga and back. Sunday night we gorged ourselves on 3 courses of fondue, which ended with a milk chocolate-caramel-turtle-FLAMBE fondue, and you know I LOVES me some flambe. You set anything on the menu flambe, andI am likely to order it. The decor was really strange, though, and two of the men went so far as to say it just pissed them off. Remember the episode of Friends where the pages in Rachel's cookbook get stuck together and she makes a trifle with custard, ground beef, and peas? I think the decorator's copy of Domino magazine got left out in the rain.

I put together the two drawer-inserts for my storage console (which is what I'm calling the bookcase I turned on its side), and I believe I must have some Swedish blood after all because I had a great time assembling them. I want to put an index card on the laundry room bulletin board and offer my IKEA assemblage skills to my neighbors at reasonable prices.

To round out my own Rushmore of events, I went to see Step-Up 2: The Streets with a cool work buddy. I invited the other KM to come with, and present our text message exchange:

Other KM: And you said no to 27 Dresses!

Me: Uh yeah... because step up 2 kix 27 dresses ass!!!

Other KM: omg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home