More Good News for Optimists

Monday, October 29, 2007

Reason to miss the 'burbs

I have no control over my internal waking mechanism. I never have had one. It's generally not early, but not as late as it was in my teenage years. Not having an alarm clock has never been an option, and I sleep very poorly when I know I have to get up early because I'm paranoid that something will go wrong with the alarm.

Take this morning. I was awake but hadn't yet opened my eyes because the alarm hadn't gone off, and I figured I had a few minutes left. When I did roll over and groped for my glasses, I saw that it was 10:54. Oy. Naturally, my car was parked in a metered spot. So I had to jump out of bed, get dressed, and go move it before multiple tickets piled up. Fortunately, not much is going on at work right now and to be honest - no one actually noticed I wasn't there. One thing the blackberry is useful for, I guess. Only had one ticket on the windshield, and did manage to park directly in front of my apartment because the 9-11 street cleaning was over.

Turns out I'd somehow set my clock to alarm 2, which I'd set late in the day for a nap once, rather than alarm 1. Which means I guess I can set it correctly now because Lord knows I'd hate to miss more work.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home