More Good News for Optimists

Sunday, October 28, 2007

ROTFLMAO

I think ROTFLMAO (rot-fel-mow) would be an excellent band name. I was lucky enough to have two nights of ROTFLMAO moments in a row. Trying to recapture what was funny at the time wouldn't translate well - I can't find a way to write about them without making it read like an annoying conversation you overhear in a bar and think "Good Lord these people are tedious and not nearly as funny as they seem to think they are."

But the part that stuck with me was how much fun it is to watch OTHER people - people you LIKE - laugh their asses off. On Saturday, friends of mine were hosting a dinner and games night and we noticed the host's yearbooks were out on a bookshelf for anyone to review. Apparently, his wife hadn't done this before, because when she saw the picture of her husband as a senior in high school with a full-on Abe Lincoln beard - that he GREW and sported in all SERIOUSNESS - she laughed so hard she couldn't stand up straight. I honestly don't think I've ever seen her laugh that hard, and it lightened my heart to see and hear it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home