More Good News for Optimists

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Off the Road Again

Just got back from a business trip to the Southland. The control tower at LAX is under scaffolding, which actually looked pretty cool. I also saw the Statue of Liberty when she was scaffolded. Perhaps I should go around the world visiting famous architectural sites when they are under repair. I probably wouldn't BUY that coffee table book, but I'd make it.

Going down to Southern California felt disorienting this time. When I picked up my rental car, all the radio presets were awful and I wanted to change them. And for the life of me, I couldn't recall any radio stations I listened to while I loved there for SIX YEARS. I felt kinda bad, like I'd blocked out a whole portion of my life. I had a vague recollection there was a modern alternative station around 106, and over the next hour as I drove to the hotel I started remembering more. That I LOVED the NPR station, 89.9 KCRW, because of Morning Becomes Eclectic with Nic Harcourt. That there was a Star 98.7, and the station around 106 was KROQ. I guess I only mildly suppressed, and didn't block.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home