More Good News for Optimists

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Petty Irritation

Here is an entry to test the limits of your tolerance for rather bland stories. I have had two disappointing peanut butter experiences in a row. A few months ago, I bought a "natural" peanut butter - you know, the kind where the oil separates and sits on top and the bottom is a dry concrete mixture. But I thought perhaps I have a more adult palate now, and I will enjoy this style of peanut butter. I guess the formula has changed, because this fucker was oily all the way through. Soupy peanut butter is no fun. I finished it, though, b/c I didn't want to be wasteful. And when I did finally finish it, I went back to a name brand but foolishly decided "Oh, let's see if they've improved the reduced fat version!" Yeah, they haven't. The label claims it's a peanut spread, which is truly a misnomer because it doesn't spread at all. It's the opposit of the oily natural, and it's concrete-y all the way through.

The lesson? Just buy regular mass-produced peanut butter, kids.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home