More Good News for Optimists

Monday, October 15, 2007

I'm on Earth EVERY Day!

How do you feel about bandwagons? Have you ever seen a bandwagon? If they're full of colorful streamers and tubas and a platform so the cellists don't have to march, I guess they'd be pretty cool.

Here's a bandwagon I'm jumping on today - Blog Action Day. Bloggers all over are writing about the environment, in order to raise awareness. I guess. Did you know we have an environment? Apparently, we do. And apparently, we should take some responsibility for taking care of it. Or at the very least, not destroying it.

To that end, I've been wondering what to do with old vitamins and other over-the-counter drugs, because it seems like tossing them in landfills or flushing them would be bad for water tables, or something like that. (See? This actually ties in to yesterday's bathroom products because all of this crap is taking up space in my medicine cabinet. Which I need to clear to make room for... well, you know.) So after some exhaustive internet research (all right, 5 sites) I found they all agreed flushing is about the worst thing you can do and there are programs to accept your old drugs in CANADA. Curious, I did a more focused search in my own area and found San Francisco has a Safe Medicine Collection Event - IN MAY 2006. I believe I have learned I can best help the environment buy holding onto way too much crap out of guilt and hope for some auspicious time to get rid of it. If only we found a way to power things with environmental guilt...

News of the unrelated - Heroes. Turns out, I'm over it. Mom said the same thing. How about you?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home