More Good News for Optimists

Sunday, August 27, 2006

People PAY for it?

According to my Dad, for a monthly fee, I can apparently get my own home internet service. But oh how I'd miss the glamour. I had to move my car tonight (Monday parking zone - detailed parking anxieties in SF Metblogs) and decided to cruise around to find an open wireless connection. Ended up parked outside - Cafe Lo Cubano. Listen, I just don't WANT any damn coffee. I just want to write.

It's odd that I consider myself kinda lazy and sluggish, b/c apparently I can't sit still for long. Like through an entire movie. Over the past few days, I've watched 4 and haven't sat still through any of them. I was making quiche, doing laundry, paying bills, cleaning the kitchen, taking out trash, making mashed potatoes... I just can't SIT. I felt guilty that I wasn't at least online writing, but didn't really feel like lugging my laptop over my shoulder down the street - so since I had to move the car anyway, here I am. I tell you - I kill many, many, little tiny helpless birds with one small stone.

3 Comments:

  • I'm with you on the free wireless. Or in my case, stolen. I've been jonesing ever since my neighbors clued in and cut me off. I keep reading that free wireless is coming to SF, (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/08/21/BUGD0KKE6Q1.DTL&hw=free+wireless&sn=004&sc=532) but it hasn't made it to my neighborhood yet.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:42 PM  

  • Here's to free wireless! (As I sit with my latte at my local coffee house.) I don't pay for internet either....

    Tempe, AZ (I think) was looking at free wireless internet access as a matter of social justice. Interesting take...

    I look at it as being cheap, like me.

    By Blogger MargretH, at 3:26 PM  

  • More blog posts please! :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home