More Good News for Optimists

Monday, June 19, 2006

Rocky Mountain High

Greetings from Denver! I'm here at the fantabulous Hotel Monaco, in swanky business style comfort with my own loaner goldfish. Do you need a goldfish in your hotel room? Sure you do! The firm sent me out here on a project ENTIRELY UNRELATED to the case that has been draining me of my will to live for the last year! Exciting stuff - and yet, somehow, I still ended my work day by pulling and pushing a cart full of boxes down a loading dock ramp and up a service ramp to an elevator bank. Kind of hilarious. The team has been really fun, and we had a really great time over drinks and dinner tonight. I stuffed myself, and was delighted at the time but quite sorry afterwards. Still a little sorry, actually.

Tomorrow, I'm hoping to catch up with my cousin G.M.E.S. (maybe I should call her Geames) who has lived here for the past 5 years or so. She and J.C. have been 2 of my favorite relatives, but I don't get to see them much and sometimes my feelings are hurt because I don't think they make it much of a priority to see me. J.C. lives not far from me - about an hour's drive - and just had a baby shower, but I wasn't invited. Kinda bums me out. I would've gone. And while I love Geames and want to catch up, I give her a 50% flake factor for tomorrow.

Either way, I want to catch the Rockies game tomorrow night if I can. I'd love to check out the ballpark, and maybe get my sister a belated birthday present. I doubt the L.C. would approve, since they're playing the A's and he hates the A's and everyone in the Western division except the Giants. Yes, I'm still thinking about the L.C. Shut up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home