More Good News for Optimists

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Day Before

Ah, Saturday. Woke up late. Made myself a full breakfast. Watched my Home Movies DVD. Did dishes. Took a nap. Went to the grocery store. Paid bills. Called my friend J.N. the A.P., with 2 kids, and had to leave voice mail. We haven't been able to talk live for a while, and I miss her. In my message, I said, "Make the kids take a nap so you can call me back." Then I laughed, and said that's probably not a very helpful thing to say. I can imagine that a lot of moms wish they could just put everyone on hold to do what they want for a while, without interruption. I was trying to think of an equally aggravating comment she could leave for me, and figured it would be something like "Why don't you just go get laid so you'll cheer the hell up?"

But now I've digressed.

At 5, I headed out to Marin for one more band practice before we play at The Saloon tomorrow. While there are still some rough spots, I'm now actually the most confident I've been that we can pull this off. My co-singer has been spending time working on her own, and I appreciate it - she even heard a harmony I had missed, and has color-coded the lyrics so she knows where the harmonies come in. I'm now feeling much more kindly, because I can see she's taking this seriously and I appreciate it.

Not sure if we're going to be able to pull off a gig for my birthday, though. The 2 locations I had in mind won't work, and I'm not sure what to do next. Not much time left, and I'm not feeling motivated enough to scout places. I need a manager.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home