More Good News for Optimists

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Things That Are Awesome

Number One. So You Think You Can Dance. Know why? Kinda the same reason I love Project Runway - it's fascinating to watch people do things I can't. I joined this show late in its first season, and also found the contestants likeable and humble.

Number Two. Home Movies. One of very few DVD sets where I actually listen to the commentaries. Lots of 'em. I'm currently listening to the "Audio Outtake Jukebox", one of the extras on the Season 4 Disk 2. From Coach McGuirk - "I got my fish drunk once. I poured tequila in the bowl and I'm pretty sure they were drunk - and then they died." And "I think there's not a day in my life when I don't regret not learning how to hacky sack." This set also came with a CD featuring music used in the series - I've put it in my shuffle and find myself alternately chuckling and being impressed by just how listenable it is. That Brendon Small is good. He should look me up. He would like me.

Number Three. The compilation CDs that come with CMJ Music Monthly. The magazine is kinda crap, but the music is often fantastic and always eclectic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home