More Good News for Optimists

Sunday, June 04, 2006

The cat came back!

Greetings from my living room! As mentioned in an earlier post, I've been unable to access the web from home for about 10 days or so, and was just about ready to start looking in to how to get wired. I woke up this morning and decided I couldn't live without logging in at some point today. Here is my very important internet to-do list:
  • Research the price of a mic I saw at the Haight Ashbury Music Center yesterday
  • Get directions to a studio I'm considering using as a venue for my birthday party
  • Download my Pretenders CD into iTunes
  • Find out what common household cleaners can be used for jewelry
  • Shop for (belated) birthday gifts for KDK and my little sister, who with this past birthday is magically older than I am claiming to be

I turned on my computer this morning, and got the "select wireless network" pop-up which struck fear into my heart, thinking my neighbor's connection was now lost. Indeed, it didn't show up at all on the list of available networks, not even as a secured one. I started figuring out what to wear to go to the coffee shop, sifting through the clean laundry I finished yesterday, and debating whether to eat breakfast before or after heading out - and just as I was getting ready to pack up the laptop, a beautiful and hopeful little message appeared in a bright white balloon in the lower right-hand corner of my screen. "Wireless Network Connection: Your Neighbor, Signal Strength: Excellent".

Good news for optimists, indeed.

1 Comments:

  • Here's to neighbor's with wireless networks... love them, pray they don't move... also love coffee houses with free wireless (bonus points for good coffee)

    By Blogger MargretH, at 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home