More Good News for Optimists

Monday, April 10, 2006

If only

If only I could get drunk at work, this wouldn't be a problem. Ah, liquid courage. I had warehouse duty today (blech) but it finished early (yay!) and it was a surprisingly lovely evening (HOOray!) so I met KM the younger and her good friend M for cocktails downtown. Even M, who doesn't know me, said flat out that I need to just ask the LC out already. And I know this. I wished I could do it RIGHT AT THAT MOMENT, all fortified with martini. I was even confident that "Tomorrow is it. That is my deadline." But by the time I got home, and the buzz was beginning to wear - fear was returning. I told KM if he were to reject me I would die. Just up and die. She said this is probably not true. (OK, she didn't qualify it with a "probably".)

But I would. Just die, I mean. I would just die. Yup.

1 Comments:

  • Possibilities if you ask him out:
    1. He tells you he has a girlfriend. I hate that. Note to men: let the women in your life know when you're dating someone. Avoids a lot of embarrassment.
    2. He says no. You move on to another guy after a suitable period of mourning. He is clearly a moron. You are still cool as ever.
    3. He says YES! Would love to go out. Been waiting for you to ask.

    In short, they need you to make the first move. They're wimps. They need clear signs that you're interested. Fortunately, we don't have large feathers or other signals available to members of the animal kingdom. So, we have to operate with more subtle means like "Hey. Boy. Whatcha doin' Friday?"

    And, there's always seduction by cookbook. I've found that works too.

    M

    By Blogger MargretH, at 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home