More Good News for Optimists

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Hey, you know nobody's chasing us

I have a new favorite song on repeat. (The neighbors must love me.) It's by The Long Winters, who I discovered from one of my CMJ compilation disks - and it's called "New Girl". Initially, I loved the chorus - "Be kind to the new girl" - but then I found another line in the song that I may make my own personal mantra. "Twice you burned your life’s work Once to start a new life And once just to start a fire"

Today's entry title comes from another great song "The Sound of Coming Down". It's so wistful and hopeful all at the same time it could almost make me cry. It speaks to this frantic need to define myself, and figure out how I'm getting ready for the rest of my life - and really, I need to remember that no one's chasing me. The only one making me go faster is me. So maybe I can step back, and say this horrible job is not suited for me and I need to start over again. There could still be time to do what I love - which will have to involve education in some way.

Oh wait. That's why I was supposed to find a nice financially stable guy to help support me while I do that. And that - is not going so well. But shop that around to any charming available men you know - "You'd love my friend Kathy - she's supportive, and loyal, and smart, and funny, and gets along well with others (mostly) - and all she requires is financial backing." Oh, that must be the phone now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home