More Good News for Optimists

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Blogging Powers Activate

Since my last post:

Went to see the 'rents and my sis in Gig Harbor. Had a really nice, relaxing, time being at home. Few small outings, read my book, caught up on The Sopranos. Ate food I didn't cook.

Came back to the city, and felt pretty good about it. I like living here.

Went back to work, and managed to only feel like walking out once.

Had more in-depth conversations with the L.C., and still did nothing about it. Mentioned this to friends and while my obsession is still comical, it's teetering on the edge of dull. OK, it may have fallen over the edge. I have all sorts of plots in mind, but don't know how to follow through with any of them. If he's such a nice guy, what could the worst-case scenario possibly be? The worst? He would say something like "I'm just not that into you," but would probably be too nice to elaborate on the faults that make this so. Next worst - he IS actually seeing someone else, then I have to continue pining and dreading spending the rest of my life alone. 3rd worst - I make him very uncomfortable and any future interactions become awkward and painful. Now we can move to the neutral. We do something, and it turns out he's not all that, and I have to move on.

I have this weird relationship with "the fates" and I don't want to write out the best case scenarios, unless they're WILDLY fantastical. Such as: Not only does he fall madly in love with me, but it turns out he has just come into a tremendous sum of money and we spend the rest of our lives dividing our time between noble causes and frivolous pursuits.

OK, back to my current activity list:

Had the first meeting with my new band workshop. The bass player and I appear to be the only ones under 45, but this is not a bad thing - because older musicians are SEASONED. Our set list is leaning a little heavy on country/rockabilly, but sounds good so far.

Attended a fabulous dinner party at Chez P.K. - who knew pureed carrots were DELICIOUS? I had 'em for breakfast today, too. Spent some quality time with the newest P.K., and she is ridiculously smiley and adorable. S.P. and I went to a fabulous spa today, utilizing gift certificates, and it was sooooo relaxing. It was the most comfortable massage table I've ever been on. I still smell all nice and lavendar-y.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home