More Good News for Optimists

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Parting Is Such Sweet... Sorrow?

Y'know, the best part about leaving somewhere is hearing that you'll be missed. I have indeed decided to accept the new position, and within minutes after telling my boss the whole department had heard. They were all very supportive, and said I'd be missed. It's nice to hear. While I've often bemoaned the fact that I don't seem to DO much here, the things I AM asked to do get DONE. (Lots of UNNECESSARY capitals there.) I've been underutilized, but I haven't been unappreciated.

Another reason it's so nice to leave on good terms is because my new office is mere blocks from my current one, and I will surely run into folks on the sidewalk. Meaning I will have people I can greet with a friendly wave, and I will feel like a person who knows lots of people.

1 Comments:

  • You're making the right choice! And you're still in the neighborhood, so you'll know all the best places to have lunch!

    By Blogger Admin, at 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home