More Good News for Optimists

Monday, March 10, 2008

Shout Out to My Bookies

With thanks to LCR for sending me the initial invite, I've become enamored with the Goodreads website. I've been keeping my own book list for several years, and have discussed the merits of my strict 1 to 5 rating scale with S double N, and think it's a great resource to see what like-minded friends are reading. Or totally different minded friends.

I do agree with Dad that it isn't exactly novice friendly, and there's a fair amount of poking around you have to do to avoid having to enter your entire contacts list, or to figure out how to shelve your books, or to stop getting your inbox flooded with minor activity. It can be done, but takes some 'sploring.

I think it is a lovely thing, though, that within a very short amount of time I had such a large group of friends who joined me on the site. Many of my friends also tend to be readers, and opinionated ones at that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home