More Good News for Optimists

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Gettin' Slovenly

This is one of my favorite ways to spend a weekend day. Being slovenly. Gettin' my sloven on. Chillin' like a sloof. While I love to get out and see friends, and accomplish things, and be outdoors - I need to sit around and do NOTHING at least once a month. I feed myself, but I leave the dishes in the sink until they form comical towers. I note all the housekeeping that needs to be done - vacuuming, wiping countertops, laundry... and I sit back down on the couch not doing any of it. Aaaahhhh...

I was watching my DVD collection of Undeclared, and after finishing disk 3 I put in disk 4 to sadly discover it's all bonus material. Which means I watched the last episode and didn't even realize it! So sad. The show didn't hold up quite as well as I remembered, but it was still consistenly funny, with a greater number of laugh-out-loud moments than most shows. If you are a die-hard like me, though, and still want to watch all the bonus material on disk 4 - the Loudon Wainwright concert is pretty fun, especially "The World Is a Terrible Place" on the banjo.

----------

OK, I cracked and not only did I empty the dishwasher, but I washed all the dishes, too. I am NOT sterilizing the countertops or cleaning the stove, though. 'Cuz I'm a rebel that way. While it's awesome being able to spend an entire day as a complete mess, and pause DVDs whenever you want to get a glass of water without apologizing to the person you're watching them with, or have to worry about annoying someone by having the stereo and TV on at the same time - it would be nice to share my place with a guy who'd be willing to clean it for me in exchange for sexual favors, which would actually still be all for me, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home