More Good News for Optimists

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A poll

Which of these 3 types of directions would annoy you the most - those that are:

  • condescending,
  • unclear, or
  • unreasonable?

Do you find yourself frustrated when you feel like you have to be a sheep in order to tolerate your environment?

What feelings do the other sheep arouse in you most often:

  • envy,
  • frustration, or
  • fury?

I'm getting a little tired of feeling angry and frustrated so often. I'm tired of not being able to suck up and deal (or "suck up an eel", as a malaprop-prone friend used to say), and I'm tired of dealing with all the eels that need sucking. (WOW. THAT'S some horrific imagery.) I'm tired of conflicting advice like "Take action if you want to see change!" and "Accept what is and be peaceful and serene." I'm tired of waiting for things to change, and tired of trying to make things happen.

I'm not so paranoid that I think the world is working against me, but I'm also not optimistic enough to think there's some force looking out for me, either.

I hate ending on downers. Here ya go. Make sure your kids watch plenty of TV, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home