More Good News for Optimists

Monday, January 09, 2006

I think I know the owner

A fellow survivor of my high school experience publishes a daily photo, and today's was quite amusing. One thing I've learned from living so many places is that you find all sorts of people everywhere you go. Both stereotypes and those who confound all of your preconceived ideas. I find it comforting.

Today is Dad's 60th birthday. As dads go, I got one of the greats. Boundless intellectual curiosity, enjoys walking at a slow pace yet drives like a madman, and always looks out for me but still trusts me to look after myself.

Making today's entry a totally random collection of thoughts, I just checked out Cute Overload thinking I would be able to sneer, and found myself laughing and going "Awwww!" at the same time and felt like I had been PUNKED into bowing to the cuteness.

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for linking to that photo, I got a kick out of it! Tell your dad happy birthday for me.

    By Blogger Admin, at 4:19 PM  

  • I would be more than happy to introduce you (re-introduce you?) to some wonderful - in fact damn near mind-f*ckingly beautiful - dicotomies here in the South. You just let me know when you're up for a visit, mmmkay?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home