More Good News for Optimists

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Bring Me Some Figgy Pudding

Don't know if I'd like figgy pudding, but you know what IS awesome? Trader Joe's Greek style fig yogurt. De-lish. I love living within walking distance of TJs.

Need to get my butt into gear today and take care of some holiday tasks - like finishing up my Christmas cards. Mom called to tell me a family member had sent a card with a holiday letter, and in closing the writer asked everyone to wish people a "Merry CHRISTmas" this year, and not Happy Holidays, with some derisive comment about denying the true reason for sending well wishes in December. I told Mom I had a holiday card that said "Happy Holidays", but I would cross it out and write in "Fuck You!" Mom had a good laugh and told my Dad what I said, then told me "We raised you right."

I'm also planning to make cookies today. I bought some cute bags and stickers for decorating them - the bags, not the cookies. I'm planning on a candy theme. Mint kiss cookies (Hershey's mint kisses wrapped in chocolate cookie dough) and chocolate chip peanut butter cups (Reese's wrapped in chocolate chip cookie dough). Making these will involve - getting off the couch.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home