More Good News for Optimists

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Livin' La Diva Loca

Rock stars - should not be expected to go back to horrible desk jobs the next day.

Our show last night was simply fantastic. Lots of people came out DESPITE the crappy time slot (Monday at 10:30), everyone was in a great mood, the band sounded terrific, I had a blast up on stage, the audience was really into it, and people had really nice things to say about the whole thing afterwards.

So how do I get to do this AGAIN? And AGAIN?! And AGAIN?!!! The heart of rock and roll is still beating, but the damn timeclock on the wall is still ticking, too. Such a marked contrast between things I care about and things you can't apparently pay me to care about.

Here's the set list, for those who find lists entertaining, with an (S) designating songs where I solo:
  1. "Bertha", Grateful Dead
  2. "Keep Your Hands to Yourself", Georgia Satellites (S)
  3. "Midnight Rider", Allman Brothers
  4. "Chains of Devotion", Katydids (S)
  5. "People Get Ready", Traditional (S)
  6. "The Waiting", Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
  7. "Laid", James (S)
  8. "Slave", Rolling Stones
  9. "Every Little Thing (He) Does Is Magic", The Police (S)

1 Comments:

  • Kath, you are a goddess, with the cojones of a rock star! I so hope there was a video of this because I have to see it. Make it my Christmas present. Gwen Stefani should sit down and shut up, she is so over.

    By Blogger Admin, at 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home