More Good News for Optimists

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Unplanned Hiatus

Haven't been posting for a while, since the neighbor who so kindly (and unwittingly) allowed me to piggyback off their wireless for months has apparently - moved. Tragic. I now have to use maps rather than transit511 to figure out how to get anywhere. And I have to type in the names of songs I download into my iTunes. AND I couldn't instantly go to the IMDB to look up where I've seen Ernie Reyes, Jr. before - which I was curious about when he showed up on an MTV2 show called Final Fu.

No fabulous updates for the month. Worked a lot. Still felt a little sad about the X.L.C. Got kinda pissed when he made it a point to email me and mention he was going to DC and NC for his vacation this week - why does he feel the need to tell me he's going to see the girl he was apparently "not with" when I saw him? Aggravating.

Read a LOT of books this month. I'm currently reading Gig, which is a series of short interviews with people in a random assortment of jobs talking about how they feel about their work. (Work kinda sucks, but ya gotta go anyway.)

I attended my first blogger event yesterday - albeit unwittingly. Banane and Lauren, who write for MetBlogs, invited me to meet them at Pier 38 for the wrap-up event to a blogger conference they'd attended that day. "Open Bar" were key words. I found that I enjoy hearing WHAT people blog about, but that I don't care much about HOW blogs work. I also started wondering about audience, and if I feel the need to have one. Still pondering that. The short answer is "YES, DUH." The longer answer involves figuring out who do I feel my audience needs to be?

1 Comments:

  • My unwittingly open wireless network neighbors moved too... who do these people think they are? My local coffee house is profiting from the move.

    Good that X.L.C. is now X...
    Want me to hunt for him on the Mall?

    By Blogger MargretH, at 8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home